Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Address Book to ensure this newsletter is received and displayed properly. Thanks!
March 2020 • Issue 2
Office Update with COVID Outbreak
We take the COVID outbreak seriously. At this time we have had no clients who have symptoms of COVID nor any clients who have had appointments who traveled in the past two weeks prior to their appointments.
About Your Upcoming Appointment
We are conducting business as usual since we are a medical service
If you have traveled 2 weeks prior to your appointment please contact us to arrange a phone chat or skype chat.
If you don't feel comfortable coming in person for the next three weeks please arrange a phone or skype chat.
Keeping Your Immune System Strong and The Coronavirus
With all of the media attention on the latest virus outbreak that causes severe respiratory illness it is no wonder Canadians are searching for ways to keep their immune system boosted. First of all don't panic. Often the media wants to create mass hysteria all the while playing up the statistics to create an anxious buzz. Many people are already suffering with typical winter infections such as colds, sinus infections and coughs. Here are five simple tips to keep your immunity humming and respiratory illnesses at bay.
1. Avoid sugar and sweets. Sugar (cane, beet, succanat, turbinado, honey, agave, maple syrup) and refined carbohydrates (such as white flour, white rice) help viruses to take off in the body because microbes grow when they are fed simple sugars. This creates a toll on the immune system. If one eats too many sweets it also causes an imbalance in our natural flora found in our sinuses, lungs, gastrointestinal (GI) and urogental tracts. When our flora is imbalanced, it impedes our immune system because our GI tract holds three quarters of our lymphatic system, which is our main immune defence. You may notice that children that go to birthday parties or sleepovers and eat a lot of candy come home sick from eating sweets to their heart's content and lack of sleep.
3. Be sure to correct any nutritional deficiencies in zinc, vitamin D3 and vitamin C. These vitamins are excellent immune boosters. A typical dose of zinc is 15 mgs once or twice daily with meals. For vitamin D3, take 1000 up to 5000IU per day with a meal that contains fat to aid in absorption. Vitamin C dosage runs from 1000mgs to 5000mgs per day in divided doses. If you get loose stools cut the dose back as needed.
4. Get proper sleep. When people are run down physically and emotionally due to stress and/or a lack of sleep, they are more susceptible to respiratory viruses. Some believe there are emotional triggers to health concerns and having cough or laryngitis is linked to stress where someone is unable to speak their truth. Be sure you make changes to your lifestyle that help you to minimize stress.
If that doesn't help your sleep, try some natural sleeping aids. Some herbs such as oatstraw, passionflower, valerian, chamomile or hops can be quite helpful. They are often found in over the counter sleepy time teas and don't have the list of dangerous side effects that prescription sedatives do. Calcium and magnesium are also beneficial for a relaxing sleep. Take these products an hour before going to bed.
5. Herbs such as astragalus, cat's claw, black cumin sap, echinacea and mushrooms such as chaga, cordeceps, reishi and shitake all boost immunity.Try making a hot wild mushroom soup!
6. In office we use homeopathic blends such as:
For immune boosting Caruso Lymph and Immune Lymph daily and thymuline once per week.
For flu symptoms, InfluMed.
For coughs and lung support, Caruso Pulmo
For sinus congestion, Caruso Sinus
Homeopaths have been discussing the COVID-19 and what remedies best address the symptoms of it. These have been the top ones discussed arsenicum album, justicia and gelsemium. Remedies are best matched to ones symptoms.Everyone is different and not one size fits all.
For all other issues, I recommend a tune up. If you would like more information on how we can help you, please contact us for a free get acquainted chat today.
Many of you may know that I am a holistic healer, nutritionist and homeopath first and foremost. However, I am an artist as well. I have a degree in Art and Art History, Fine art and Studio Design in addition to my Degree in Science, Nutrition and Homeopathy.
Art has been a great source of stress relief for me in remarkable ways. After I lost my funny old Father to long battle with cancer I was struggling with my heavy heart. However, I rediscovered art and found that art was greatly soothing to me.
I am enrolled in an Advanced Course in Art Therapy at VATI, Vancouver Art Therapy Institute and am learning how to help people express themselves creatively. Art therapy according to CATA, the Canadian Art Therapy Association, "Art therapy engages all the senses to relax the nervous system. Art making causes a shift from sympathetic to parasympathetic nervous system, which results in improved self-regulation, anxiety reduction, feeling more in control 1, improved executive functioning 2, and acceptance and integration within the whole self"
Art therapy can be a great tool to help those who suffer from issues such as:
Mental health issues (depression, anxiety, stress)
As an art therapy intern, I have many practical hours to gain in order to receive accreditation. My internship supervised by a registered art therapist. I am volunteering in a few long term care facilities but as well I am offering a few one on one art therapy session to a few of my clients. A typical session runs from 60 to 90 minutes. This service would only require a small fee for materials and no cost for my time. If you would like to participate in one on one art therapy, please message me for details.
Stay Connected With Us
Homeopathic First Aid Kit
We are jazzed about our clinic having Homeocan's first aid kits available for 125.00. This kit contains 19 common remedies for your natural medicine chest. Good for things like acute viruses, sore throats, ear aches, bumps and bruises. In office only.
New 4 Synergistic Therapy Treatments
The clinic just acquired a tool that helps reduce pain and inflammation, improves circulation, enhances cellular regeneration, improves immunity, promotes relaxation, deeper sleep, detoxification and reduces stress and more.
It combines the technology of far infrared, negative ion, PEMF and crystal therapy.Read more
If you would like a complimentary 20 minute trial, please contact us.
Want an In Depth Look at Your Nutrition?
Have a look at live cell testing and a hair mineral analysis. These tools provide insight into ways to improve diet and have optimal nutrition for health.
Please note we have extended our hours to better serve you. Our office will be open on:Mon, Tues and Wed from 8am until 7pm. For product orders, it is still best to email us. For appointments, you can book online at www.carusohomeopathy.com or call the office Mon to Fri 8.30am until 5pm to speak with our office support staff.
If you are a new client and have a health concerns book a free get acquainted chat today to learn more about how we can help you. Click here.